NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not about fishing in NC but I have to share about some of the most phenominal fishing that I have ever experienced. While on a business a trip in Texas this week I have had the oppourtunity to visit with a friend in Galveston and fish from his Bay House pier. They have a 1500 watt on their pier and when the sun goes down the Specs move in. We went out on the pier and could see shrimp and pogeys thick around the pier. We put the first line in the water around 8:30 with live shrimp and hooked up immediately. The longer we stayed there the more aggressive the Trout and the more of them there seemed to be. I have never seen so many fish chasing bait, and boiling and slashing the top of the water. It looked like a huge feeding frenzy. We limited out within an hour on 15 to 18 inch fish. I switched to my Fly rod and continued to catch em until 1 in the morning on nearly every fly in my box. I hope that someday I and all of you will have an oppourtunity to catch fish like this in North Carolina. This is the first that I have ever been exhausted from catching fish.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
TX has some of the best fishing in the world.... dang it! LOL

·
Registered
464 Posts
we catch cat fish like that on my moms pond in illinois. night time hand full of dog food and hours of fun with 5lb+ channel cats

looks likefun brother

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.