NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the article on crappie fishing on this site I saw these referenced. You can buy them from the people who wrote the article on their web page but I'd like to try them out this weekend. Anyone know of a place to buy them? Like Dick's? Most of the places that sell tackle here in town (other then wally world) is clear on the other side of town or at least out near the mad house, I mean mall area. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I read that article as well, and that was the first that I had ever heard of anyone using tandem hooks for crappie fishing. I haven't seen them in any of the retailers that I've been to visit but if you want tying the rig would be fairly simple. I looked at what the auhtor was selling on his website and basically they are two baitholder hooks snelled in tandem. You could start with with 6# flourocarbon snell one hook on the leader leaving a long tag then snell the second hook on the tag. Tie a surgeon's loop 10 or 12 inches above the first hook and you're in business. You could use aberdeen hooks and what you have is an old Nightcrawler rig.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had looked at that myself backlash. I messed up my left hand (2 inch gash that became infected) doing some work so messing around with tying stuff is out of the question right now. I was trying to go the easy way out.:D

Dave thanks. I will have to swing by aks before I try to go out sat.

Reactions: Dave B.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Coach, Ask for that short crusty white haired guy "Dave".. just tell him you're lookin for crappie rigs,, he should be able to take you right to them.

Ya know,, Walmart has them too... probably a little cheaper. But why drive 20 miles to save a buck too..

Hey any word/date/time/place for next meeting?

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I checked walmart but they didn't have the tandem hooks. At least not the one on Ramsey Street. Or maybe I just didn't look good enough. Will have to make the excuse of going to see my beautiful wife at work. Always slip on over to the fishing section from there on the way out. (right next to automotive, ie. I need some oil for the truck).

Ak's is right down the street from me just have to get out of school before they close. That can be a battle on most days. Thanks for putting me onto a good person to ask for.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not quite dave. I use those also. These are two tandem hooks right behind each other. You would hook your bait twice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.