NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to reach out in this group as I know there are many connections...... It seems like the gates at the Robeson Creek Boat Ramp do not open until 8am...... There is going to be a group of approximately 40 launching (kayaks) out of there and would be nice to see if there is any way we can get it open earlier.

I have already talked with the very nice women at the office but was hoping that maybe there is an inside way to talk to someone.... Surely not every tournament run out of Jordan starts at 8 am ? ... Thanks for any help that can be provided.

This is a Carolina Kayak Anglers event that benefits Heroes On The Water.......

·
Registered
279 Posts
The State park is fairly solid on that rule. The rangers would most likely not open the gate earlier, even if you had an inside hookup. There are other 24 hr. ramps that are always open on the lake like Farrington and Beaver creek.(that's were the other tournaments run out of) Another idea would be to park at the bridge crossing forty yrds. down past from the gate and carry boat down to the water there, wouldn't be as cool/nice or easy, but it could get ya'll on the water sooner. Parking might be tough for that many folks at that bridge too.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Whitewater...... i am hearing that it is the park portion that opens at 8am and that the ramp is always open unless dangerous conditions exist........ Not sure if that is true...

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Unless something has changed recently Robeson Creek Boat Ramp and Robeson Creek Canoe launch(actaully on the Haw) have always been 24 hr ramps and launches. I have launched at both around midnight catfishing....I would suspect that that ramp has/had too much ice on it.

Reactions: FishinCary

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
website says closed due to conditions.....usually you can launch there anytime. That ramp is pretty steep and probably loaded with Ice and the canoe launch they probably dont want that long gravel road torn all up or cars getting in there and not getting out as it is steep coming back out......

http://www.ncparks.gov/Visit/parks/jord/directions.php

Reactions: FishinCary

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
website says closed due to conditions.....usually you can launch there anytime. That ramp is pretty steep and probably loaded with Ice and the canoe launch they probably dont want that long gravel road torn all up or cars getting in there and not getting out as it is steep coming back out......

http://www.ncparks.gov/Visit/parks/jord/directions.php
awesome Mack and thank you..... Yes I did see it was closed, I was actually at the office yesterday getting a permit and they said all likely closed all weekend........ I appreciate the response as we were trying to make a decision to move.....

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
We used to use Robeson for our club tournaments, we never found the gate closed nor saw any hours posted as to when it would open or close. If you get there before daylight make sure you have lights, that is about the darkest place you can find within an hour of Raleigh.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Unless something has recently changed, Robeson has always been a 24 hr ramp. Maybe the snow and ice or maintenance are the issue? Vista Point was closed when I tried it a few weeks ago too.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I am pretty sure the canoe ramp has hours or at least used to. I have gotten there too early to use it in the summer and used the boat ramp instead. Kind of annoying in the summer when it opens and closes with the sun out.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
canoe launch has always been 24 hrs unless closed due to weather......unless changed since November since I was out there last...

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
It has been at least a couple of years ago and probably longer since I went really early one day with CoachKen and we weren't sure which one we were going to until we got there and the canoe ramp gate was closed. It was open when we left and we saw a sign with hours. Searching the net, I see old info a few places that says only 2 places are 24 hour and it isn't one and more recent ones saying 4 are 24 hour and it is one.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I keep email forever and I am back to correct myself. CoachKen and I went in mid May of 2012 and we thought it was closed and opened because of hours. I called after we went to get the hours and found out it was actually short term construction that was causing the closure. And then I saved the email so I could misquote it years later... :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.