NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a long time coming but I finally found the trout. It has been a lot of work but thanks to the postings through NCAngler and a lot of help and motivation from my friends in the area I had the tools and know-how to get him on and get him in. Prior to catching this guy I had several large blowups on a few different top water baits (Zara Spook and Top Dog Jr) but the fish missed every time and I was starting to get pretty heartbroken after about 200 throws of the topwater plugs and no fish so I switched over to a live finger mullet on a carolina rig. Within seconds my rod doubled over hard and I couldn't believe my eyes when I finally got him in close enough to see. Got him in three feet of water less than five feet from the bank in the New River Inlet.

Special thanks to NCPierman for teaching me how to saltwater fish, SSGDBall for sticking with me through our difficult learning curve of the local waterways and of course Breadman1 for reminding us all that these monsters actually exist and can be caught if you put the time in.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Dat's a nice 'un man ........ congrats!

Reactions: steven.brewster
1 - 15 of 15 Posts