NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It had been way too long since our last trip so we loaded up and headed to Germantown. Put in a little after 7 and the lot was pretty full by then. You couldn't ask for a better day for fishing! We ran out to find several boats hitting the bank we had planned to start on so we ran to another area. Only made a couple of cast before we hooked up.

Picked up a few shorts first thing and a puppy drum. Covered some water before we boated our first keeper. Fished around but things were slow so we headed back to where we wanted to start and the bite picked up. Rachel has caught her share of trout but never felt the pull of a flounder until today. She put it on me with the biggest fish that was just over 18". I'll never forget the look she had when she realized she wasn't hung on the bottom. She made her daddy mighty proud!

Ended the day with 3 nice fish for the grease and 15 throw backs. Lost 5 or 6 right at the boat and a couple that were real close to keeper size. The wife managed to find a spike trout that wanted a taste of the gulp shrimp. Ripple mullet was my bait of choice today. Chase had one right at the boat but didn't manage to get one in. The only complaint from the kids today was that Uncle Curtis wasn't with us. I'm sure we can talk him in to a trip real soon!

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
WardenWMS,

What kind of "padding" or "covering" do you have on the floor of your boat? I need to do something to mine, it gets hot hot with that bare metal! And where can I find it, is it expensive? Only thing I have found that I like is Hydro turf, and its not cheap at all!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Styx River Neo Mats Bob252. Its basically neoprene wader material on a roll 5 Ft wide and as long as you need. Its wasn't cheap but its was the best option for me. I cut it to fit and used a few dabs of super glue to hold it down. Makes the boat quiet while riding and eliminates almost all noise when something is dropped in the boat. It kind of acts like cushion and takes some of the shock out when you are standing and keeps the Hot/Cold off your feet. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Styx River Neo Mats Bob252. Its basically neoprene wader material on a roll 5 Ft wide and as long as you need. Its wasn't cheap but its was the best option for me. I cut it to fit and used a few dabs of super glue to hold it down. Makes the boat quiet while riding and eliminates almost all noise when something is dropped in the boat. It kind of acts like cushion and takes some of the shock out when you are standing and keeps the Hot/Cold off your feet. Hope this helps.
got it on mine to , worth the money !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.