NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the shop stocked up with all your Big Drum needs.
DOA Popping Cork rigs, VMC hooks, 50# leader, popping corks and DOA 5” Swim Baits (Airhead). Proven over 2 seasons to get it done!

Capt Owen Drum rigs, Chum, Menhaden Oil, and Fresh Mullet by order as always.
Large landing nets and floating measure sticks (Drum Stix)
Need outfits – well stocked with TFO 7’ rods to fit with Daiwa Lexa 3500 reel spooled with 30# Fins braid that has been tested 2 years without any issue. Great drag and will bring them in quick.
I have several used Daiwa BG reels and Star rods bait soaking ready at a great deal too.
I am now carrying Lee Fisher Cast Nets and have the Mako style in 5 and 7 feet.
Time is here to be prepared – will fire off any day now. I am ready! Come see me for the right gear and information of its use.

Orange Sleeve Workwear People Travel
Toy Lamp Plant Fruit Cone
Drinkware Plant Drink Ingredient Coffee cup sleeve

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Hey guys, as the fish show up, more and more each day, people start fishing and buying tackle and it flies off the shelves. Stock up now and avoid the rush, better to have and not need, than need and not have...:)

I tell people to have a few extra hooks, airheads, and popping corks with them. You never know when you are going to need one or two rigs. Knots fail, leaders break or get bitten into, or just an extra rod set up for just in case times...:)

Dave, You have any flyrod popping corks? Bobby has made a few of his own and seem to work, just wanted to get one and test it out.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Got ya, will go with what Bobby already has set up. We do right much fly fishing just not for bull reds, yet anyway. We have the beefy 10 and 12 weight fly rod outfits, so ready in that department along with tons of flies since we both tie flies. Winds will play a big factor on what we use day in and day out, heavy winds are not the fly fishermen's friend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.