NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After ridiculing my good neighbor a couple weeks ago and accusing him of sending me on a wild goose chase on a trout catching location and baits, we went fishing together today.Excuse me! He took me right where he said he caught them, in veiw of my house and with bait he reported using. From fisrt cast and for two hours , I could tell he was on a mission. Every time I tried to cast he bellowed, "Get the net! Get the net!" Cooler about half full, Specks, grays, flounder, and drum. I finally begged him to slow it down or hit me in the head with the boat paddle to get me out of my misery and I would never doubt him again.Pictures tell the story.

Later, Forrest

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Since I took the blame for the hex, let me congratulate you on your freedom! Nice lookin' fish, there!
Lefty

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Just in case Ya'll didn't notice ol' Forrest is a gulp new Penny kinda guy. Can't argue with results like that. I'm glad to hear the spell is broken but now I'm worried for the fish...and sea gulls . They might get too fat to fly south for the winter!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep! It was a small grouper. Up until then on this trip--only other catch was a 6 inch flounder. Been in a fishing slump lately. Many small fish been following me around.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
REVENGE TIME!!---Went fishing with the good neighbor again today --It was his turn to man the net. He caught one flounder, one speck and one gray-- Rest were mine. Contest called due to wind and rain.

Later, Forrest

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'M A GLUTEN FOR PUNISHMENT---Went trout fishing with the Good Wife and neighbor this morning. Sure glad the trout bite was slow today.

Luremaker--- Yes I'm using baits from your shop-- good stuff and gooood prices. Good Wife is using it too!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.