NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After not going anywhere near Bass fishing from Mid april through the end of June I've had an exceptional July so far. Topwater action has been good with the hurricane really setting the fish off, went with my girlfriend and work supervisor chris this morning. Got chris set up with a nice sahara 3000/St croix triumph combo and start up tackle yesterday so needed to break it in. Within about 10 minutes he has his first bass on the line, solid fish that looked to be pushing 4lbs when it made a great jump. When it was near the shore he got overexcited and had his rod tip too high, pulled the fishes head out of the water and it was able to shake the hook. Bummer.

Really slow morning all around for the next 2 hours or so. I decided to switch from buzzbait back to my super spook and after about 3 casts chris asks me why I like it better than the buzzbaits. I start to explain how violent the strikes are when BAM! The fish zigged when my lure zagged and missed it. I've been missing good fish all week by inches so I tried the senko trick, no love, went to my trusty squarebill and started working the area. About 3 casts in game on! Ended up getting her, real long fish but not as solid as I'm used to from this pond. Weighed in right at 6# on the dot. In the next 10 casts I landed two more fish on the crank both about 1.5#s and 15 minutes after that land another little 1#er. Broke the topwater back out and caught the smallest bass I've ever caught on a full sized spook. Kate caught a little dink on a crankbait and Chris had a couple other fish swirl on the buzzbait but no more takers. Fun morning with 6 bass caught is never a day I'll complain about in July. Hopefully next trip we will pop Chris's bass cherry :D

CB7-7(1).jpg CB7-7(2).jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Nice hawg man!! Come back to Charlotte and lets get on em good here too!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Nice hawg man I need me one more trip to that pond. Hit a small lake today had one bite on a buzzer barely3/4 pound.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Nice Fish! I went out for bass myself after a long break from freshwater. Caught 3 bass in the 1-1.5# range. 2 on baby brush hogs and one on a spinner. lets try and go fishing before you hit charlotte.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts