NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished a good bit as a kid up to my mid-teens, mainly in Arkansas and Pennsylvania. Did a little bit more in Michigan in my late 20's but haven't really fished now in the last 15 years. So I'm iching to get back. I chanced upon this forum and it looks like a great way to get some great communal knowledge since I don't actually know anyone who fishes (I just moved to NC about 1.5 years ago, in Concord, just outside Charlotte). I'll be scoping out the forum to look for some good places to fish but if anyone has any suggestions either in the general Charlotte area (aside from Norman, of course) or out a little west in McDowell county area, that would be great. No boat at this time but I'm not opposed to renting as needed... Thanks and I hope that I'll be able to contribute in time.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Glad to have you back fishing. You sound a lot like me, fished more as a kid and now getting back into it. I live in Mooresville, PM me and maybe we could head out together. Not great at this freshwater stuff but learning.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Welcome to the party! Weve got members in your area so I'm sure you can "Hook Up" !

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Plenty of water around Charlotte, someone should fall in soon and maybe give up a little informaniton to get you started.

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
WELCOME TO THE SITE,WHAT PARTS OF P.A DID YOU FISH IM ORIGONALLY FROM THE SCRANTON WILLIAMSPORT AREA AND FISHED P.A ALL MY LIFE TILL I CAME HERE 4 YEARS AGO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi NCPierman. Now you are testing my memory! I spent most of my time in central PA. My dad had taken us out to various rivers/creeks. Also Prince Gallitzin State Park. I actually remember when they were damming the river for building that lake. I vaguely remember going to Keystone Park and Yellow Creek when I was really young, but of course that was probably when I was getting the lines all tangled and not giving my dad any time to fish!

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
JC,
GOOD TO HAVE YA ABOARD THE FISHIN ISNT NUCH DIFFERENT HERE THAN UP THERE JUST A BIT OF DIFFERENT TECHNICS INVOLVED.
HOPE YA FIND THE INFO YOU NEED AND ANY HELP I CAN BE JUST ASK, MY FAVORITE RIVERS UP NORTH WAS THE LACKAWANNA AND THE SUSQUEHANNA WHICH THE SUSKIE HAS SOME OF THE STATES BEST SMALL MOUTH FISHING AROUND THE LACKIE WAS THE PLACE I LOVED TO GO FOR TROUT WITH THE FLY ROD.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.