NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a fishing season for the old man (serious slump) even GUMMY WORMS failed to catch trout. First, I believe my neighbor cast a "Heebie Jeebie Fish No Catch Spell" upon me. Then, Lefty put the "Curse Of Catching Many Sticks" on me. Now, zooker has revealed this "nanner jinx". I would appreciate any advice about antidotes and deterrents on warding off such possible future curses.:eek:

Now I'm not the least bit superstious, but in the meanwhile, I think I will tie a rabbits foot around my neck while fishing, just in case.:D

Sure hope PETA doesn't hear about an old man around Core Sound With a severed bunny's foot trying to hurt little fishes.:rolleyes: :confused: :cool:

Later, Forrest

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I feel your pain Forrest and I think I have the cure or at least partially...
Sounds like the tackle monkey needs to run loose a bit :D

Could be that wobble in that worn reel..
could be that one rough or creeky pole guide sendin out the bad vibe..
Maybe the wrong flavor'd gummy at the right time..
Could be the monkey needs to be set free! :D

(I know it probably wouldnt help... but I feel yer pain brother man!) :eek:

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
You might have to take that preacher friend of yours fishing more often....no wait - last time the results weren't good :(. Maybe you should get a new preacher....:eek:

No Neighbors + No Nanners + No Sticks + New Preacher = lots of Specks?!? hum....

Maybe just stick to the Gulp! or have a shopping spree with the tackle monkey - it's worth the price when you ain't catching any other way....

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Not to hijack your thread - but I had some agony of my own this week - I went to go fishing yesterday and my steering had a serious rough spot in it - so rough that it sometimes took two hands full strength to get the thing moving, so I came back without fishing. Took it in today and they had to replace the helm gears - seems the seal cracked and water leaked inside. But that's not the agony. I missed two of the nicest fishing days of the month and then my neighbor stops by with a load of specks and flounder and ask me if I wanted any fish :mad:

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mike---After surviving that storm last summer-- I gotta stick with my preacher, he's got good connections.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
...seems the seal cracked and water leaked inside... my neighbor stops by with a load of specks and flounder and ask me if I wanted any fish :mad:
Talk about pouring salt (water) on a wounded boat! Ouch!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.