NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever use these? Was at a baitshop the other day and the guy shows em to me. Wasn't what I was wanting to use that day but I just might one day soon. Are these any good? They were living night crawlers that were a flourescent green.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok. so no one has ever used these. wonder why.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
In my case, I usually only use worms in the neighborhood pond, and the bait suppliers within the appropriate radius don't offer many choices. (Note that I didn't say "bait shops".)

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure how they do it but it's the same brand that Gander mtn sells. Just a different version of em. I went to a creek the other day and a little old man said he won't use anything else now. He was leaving and had a bucket full of bream. He said that he cut the night crawlers into pieces. I may bite the bullet and just try em next time I see them.​

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
So now we are injecting our worms with glowing dye!!!!!!!!!! What is it going to be next? I don't even want an answer to that question!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Ok.... thats freaky...and yes..I ordered some ..:D

Reactions: BigE818

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OMG...i'm crying from laughing at sundrop.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Wonder if I can mix a little menhaden oil in it and inject that too..hmmm

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
they make a worm inflater-no joke- you could put manheden oil in it and stick it to the worm -worms will stretch amazingly big- mind you the worm would "leak" manheden oil..

really don't see the down side here really...

zooker

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I saw these a few years back at a baitshop outside of Bridgeton. It was so long ago I couldnt get back there to save my life. But me and a buddy got a dozen and it was almost like throwing dynamite in the water with these. They were imported from Canada. Live green nightcrawlers. Never saw anything like it, but we hammered em. Got everything from bream to gar. Fished em up on the Neuse around New Bern. Wish I could find em again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The night crawlers turn the glowing green color by eating a type of poder you put in the container with them, After you put the powder in the container wait about 3 days and they will be bright glowing green. You can purchase the worm food from basspro shops and from cabellows or most large bait and tackle stores. Its about 8 to 10 dollers a bottle and will usually last you about a year or two.It works real good for regular red worms and wax worms too

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was told by the local bait shop they can be ideal for murky waters. They also seemed a bit larger than the plain old crawlers and definitely more active.

First post BTW...feel free to correct me if you guys think otherwise here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.