NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I`m headed south to new smyrna beach the 19th to fish mosquito lagoon from the kayak, wish me luck ! hopefully I`ll have some pics afterward.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I wish you the best of luck, especially with those mosquitoes. I hear the trout and reds get huge from eating them. Better prepare for them in case you get some of those calm days. Down in Ft. Pierce they are so big and thick that swarms are often mistaken for low flying Jumbo Jets. The shadows and noise from a swarm will spook everything from pinfish to tarpon off the flats. (fishermen too) :D AL Show them Fla. boys how it's done!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah sinkerman They say the "daughters of dracula" are secound only to the ones in Alaska,the`ve been known to carry off small children there.....ha...I`ll probably carry an extra boat for the repellant...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I Now have a peception swifty,It is just a basic hull and for a person of my (robustness) I think I need a one a little larger but it does the job for now. I`m not sure where your located but in southport I have a friend that owns "the adventure company".I am sure they or any other outfitter would take the time for advice and demo.....fish hard...paddle far.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
baitandfly said:
speaking of kayaks i am thinking of getting one, what from your experience do you recommend e.g. specific brand and options
Oh man, talk about a can of worms!
Lots and lots of opinions out there. A lot of folks seem to be wary about asking paddlers about kayaks for fishing -- fishing has unique needs different from whitewater or touring paddling. Most folks like the sit-on-tops, so that you can easily hop out and wade while fishing the shallows, but a lot of folks fish sit-insides as well.

Can't say much from experience -- I just bought LiquidLogic's Manta Ray 12. I'm working on getting used to it first, then the next step will be to outfit it for fishing.

The big retailers in the Raleigh area have scheduled demo days for late April, early May. That'd be a good place to survey the market.

Good luck - lefty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.