NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sportsman toy store is going OOB and all fly stuff is deeply discounted. Went in and picked up a new TFO BVK 7wt for 175. Not much selection left above 7wt as it looks like someone got all the 8s at one time. Lots of 5wt in both TFO and St Croix. No reels also but if you are looking to get started in fly fishing here is a good chance at cheap prices for HIGH quality rods.

Now, anybody got a good 7/8 reel loaded for sale? I need to put my new baby to work ASAP.

Chief please don't take this post as me helping the competition but more as me trying to spread the word of some killer deals for new and old fly slingers alike.

·
Registered
997 Posts
They haven't been in the 70 east location long, but not surprised they are closing that store, not a very friendly bunch in there.

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
They haven't been in the 70 east location long, but not surprised they are closing that store, not a very friendly bunch in there.
I have to disagree. They have always been extra friendly and on the few occasions I have ever needed any assistance they've been right there. They offer and advertise a 10 percent discount to all military folks and are more than willing to help put someone on fish.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Ive never had bad service there but not really catered too either. Which I prefer, I don't like to be hounded and followed around. They did give me an awesome price on a KC Kayak or NUcanoe since they are moving and not going to sell them anymore but I cant buy new right now.

Reactions: RouseD

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
I've always found them to be very friendly, and very helpful. They put me on some speckled trout once, when a friend and I called to check on other species, and I know they would do it again.

·
Banned
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No problem....a few hours away. Don't miss a good deal!
Trust me, I didn't I snapped up that BVK without thinking. Wishing it was an 8wt but honestly I like fishing a little light anyways, just more fun for me. Should still be enough to chase Spanish and blues out in the inlet with and still be able to drag slot drum from trees and docks. You have any TFO Prism reels up there for sale? Also, you think I should upline it to 8wt line? I'll be throwing clousers for the most part.

I tried just for kicks to throw it with a 5wt Prism and WF line yesterday in the back yard. Of course there wasn't enough line weight to load the rod properly but I was still throwing it a **** of a lot better than the 5wt I was using.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts