NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I live in Cary so I dont go saltwater fishing that often. Me and my friends where planning on going to the beach to go fishing near the end of April. We aren't going to go on the boat, we will just fish from land. Where should we fish to get some action and what bait should we use?

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Welcome to the site!

Your best two choices based on not fishing from a boat would be Pier fishing or surf fishing. Pier fishing is easier and requires less gear. In fact you can rent everything you need from most piers. Topsail Island has three piers. Of course there are a number of others too depending on what beach you plan on fishing.

Shrimp and cut bait (mackerel or menhaden) are always good for bottom fishing.

·
Registered
624 Posts
if you also wanna try some from the surf there is a spot in indian beach, where i saw trucks driving onto the beach. it's just south of atlantic beach and north of emerald isle. you'd be able to just drive up, set up, and cast out, even take a small grill to use on your tailgate.

the baits listed above work great, i was also using cut mullet and squid, the blues really don't discriminate, they'll hit anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.