NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Johnson sprite spoons come with a flourescent plastic tab that sometimes gets lost in the heat of the battle. Many people feel that this tab is an important attraction. A quick and more durable replacement is to snip off a piece of a Hardee's straw or a piece of flourescent tubing such as I used to demonstrate the double hook rig in the previous thread. Take the hook off the split ring and slide the straw or tubing over the hook shank Mepps Agila style. Replace the hook and you are done with that one. You can use the same trick on spoons that didn't come with a tab also.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Thanx Al. I know the pink tab you mention very well, and yes it usually ends up broken or removed somehow... no wonder I've never caught anything on my sprite spoons... Anywhoo

Good tip on the tubing.. any certain place one can find this tubing and also, have you tried it in a cut skirt over the treble?

Thanx man! Good pix!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.