NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my father and I headed out to Falls lake today since it was 80* and beautiful! Not too long after getting there we caught several bass and crappie. The totals for the day were 8 bass that were 3pounds or less I would estimate. Kinda small for some reason but still a blast to catch. And 3 crappie, one being a really nice size! Here are some pictures of the ones we kept for dinner.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Report.

all the crappie were caught with live minnows and a minnow rig in 10-15 feet of water trolling the bank side in 58-60* water. We also caught some bass this way and one catfish. The rest of the bass were caught with crank baits in shallow water 5-10 feet.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Nice day! An elderly couple that I know went out to Hartwell lake yesterday and and they had a good day also. They caught several nice sized crappie but she won the crappie division with a 3 lber. Not to be out done here husband promptly caught a 5lb Bass on what else but a crappie minnow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.