NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
The only Mirrolure I've got seems to be more of a subsurface floater that will dive between 6 inches or a foot on steady retrieve. That article seemed slanted toward the sinking/suspending versions, except for the big 70 series floater. Is it the general consensus around here that the sinking/suspending ones are preferred for "our" atlantic-natured fish?

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
The only Mirrolure I've got seems to be more of a subsurface floater that will dive between 6 inches or a foot on steady retrieve. That article seemed slanted toward the sinking/suspending versions, except for the big 70 series floater. Is it the general consensus around here that the sinking/suspending ones are preferred for "our" atlantic-natured fish?
Depends - I use both. Early morning in the fall when the trout are top feeding, the floaters work well. Rest of the time I usually use the suspend/sinker models.

I'm with Speckhunter on the sloooooooooooow retrieve.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Changing gears a little....

I know this is one of those questions you aren’t allowed to ask....BUT...I’m still trying to make sense of these mirrolures....I know what’s popular with the guys that come in here and fish locally and such ....but just being curious....what are your favorites ....

I have caught trout off grubs but never a mirrolure...

"Pier Witch"

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
I would also add to the above list the TTHP, the nightstalker, purple demon and ttchg(chartreuse). As for favorite trout bait that would be a Saltwater Assassin Sea Shad multiple colors but Calcasieu Brew is a great one. My two biggest both over eight came on a Mann's Shadow Minnow on Veteran's Day eve and 8 days later at Sneads Ferry Bridge in the dead of night. There were 10 trout caught over 6 pounds that week at night. Unfortunately that was 10 years ago. Alot has changed since then. Believe it or not I would not keep those trout now. The State needs to change the bag limit to 7 fish between 15 and 24.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
good info from all of you!! I'm new to lures and Ive bought a few Mirros and a Spook JR and a few Producers (Zara types) to try myself..

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
I think the fish want different retieves on different days, just like color. One day pink will be hot with a sporatic retrieve, the next day pink will not buy a bite, it might be yellow or black or gold, with a slow or fast retrieve.

Boy if we ever figure out the trout it will be on then:p But that's what keeps us coming back for more.

Tight lines <*)))))>{

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.