NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slept in, took our time gettin there, launched out without any problems..
zipped around for a little while, stop'd over at the north bridge where all the action seemed to be and drown some worms (dadda forgot the minnow bucket!!)
Momma and little man backed out on us this morning as they had "shopping" to do.. so I had my right hand fishin man with me today.

Well needless to say, we boated a few catfish.
My boy got upset with me when I tossed one of his back... so I let him keep the next one, which was a eater, then we hooked into a bigger one.

So for a couple hours out, we had a great day, fun to be back on the water with the boat, the weather couldn't of been better and we had fresh fish dinner tonight...

(p.s. I have no idea what the problem is with my camera time stamp thing... I'm gonna start NOT using it... Oh, Marty, when you see this, check your time stamp too, your's is off by a day, thanx again for the help today! see ya in the morning for Uwharries!!!)

Here's some pix! ;)

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dinner is "over" brotha from a different motha! ;)

I'm not a big catfish fan... my fillet is the one with all the old bay on it!
but the boys and momma seemed to enjoy it very well, clean plate club tonight!

Fish with mashed taters, corn and carrots with some toast and strawberry jam and a big ol' glass of chocolate milk.. the boys were in there tonight! ;)

Mike, how'd you do today? did ya go? conditions? catch?

Hey, Todd is a GO for tuna, Martin is a GO for tuna, I just need to get up with Brooks... we're workin a date/time as I type this... I'll get up with ya here within the next week or so.

Be good man!

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Mike, how'd you do today? did ya go? conditions? catch?

Hey, Todd is a GO for tuna, Martin is a GO for tuna, I just need to get up with Brooks... we're workin a date/time as I type this... I'll get up with ya here within the next week or so.

Be good man!
Conditions were awesome - almost as calm as that lake you were on today :) But no Kings:mad:

Tuna trip sounds great - I am ready. All my Saturdays are open or flexible for the rest of the year - so tell me when!

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, we'll plan for a Saturday then.
Depending on "weather" (not like our last outting!!) :) we'll shoot for the week or two after turkey day. We'll nail down the specifics once we get closer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
looks like the lil man had fun.would have loved to go with ya was a purdy day for fishin.but the honey do thing ya know:mad: also i had to dig out my huntin stuff that has been packed away for six years,still havent found it all yet.probably never will.boys are ready to go deer huntin,so after derrik gets his hunter safety we will go again.still think this is fishin weather though. did i hear you say tuna??????:)

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanx Steve and I'll gladly pass on the Kudo's to the real fisherman! :)

Marty... If I bag any more deer,,, I'll have to start fishin... runnin out of freezer room!!
Bag'd another buck today!! (pix/post comin!!) :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
852 Posts
Nice fillets.

If you are not really into catfish, you might fillet them out a little further from the skin so you leave that red layer of fat on the skin and not the fillet. You'll find they taste better and have a better texture as well. The fillet knife will actually glide fairly well between the meat and the fat layer if you start it up there instead of flat on the skin.

Just like a lot of the saltwater fish, the red flesh has a bad flavor.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
good info, I'll try that too...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.