NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a good day Saturday so I thought I'd share a few photos. I probably caught around fifteen or so throughout the day. Most were in the 1-2 pound range except for the three pictured. The first went 4.2, second 5.4 and the last was 7.44! My best bass so far, still can't crack the 8 lb barrier but hopefully soon. I have an empty space on the wall over my aquariam that needs a big bass there. All were caught on a texas rigged tequila sunrise powerbait worm. I got there at sunrise but the big ones didn't bite until after noon.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice day on the water. What lake were you fishing, If you dont mind? I recently was able to put a 9lb bass on my wall and I must say it looks great, and no matter what the wife says, it matches perfectly in the living room.

Hey Grizz, congrats on the 9lber! I'm sure it looks good in the living room. I was fishing a ~35 acre lake or pond not sure what it qualifies as exactly. I've been sworn to secrecy as to the location, you know how that goes. If I posted it's location on the internet, I might end up with a few flat tires:).
I did find a nice list of "electric only" lakes that I thought I'd post. I'm gonna have to try University Lake soon, I've heard good things about it.

The Triangle's Electric-Only Bass Lakes

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Hm... Did they forget Beaverdam, or are they suggesting that the bass in those three lakes are enough better than Beaverdam that it wasn't worth mentioning...

(Odd that all of them charge for access as well..)

·
Premium Member
6,642 Posts
... I'm gonna have to try University Lake soon, I've heard good things about it...

turtlestew - we've heard good things about University and Cane Creek Res too. But as non-OWASA customers, we are subject to an $11 launch fee, even for our peaceful little kayaks. We're conducting an unauthorized, unadvertised, unorganized boycott. You probably haven't heard about it. It will continue at least until we get some first-hand reports that make the $11 sound like a good deal.

United We Stand (until we see some pictures!)...

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
turtlestew - we've heard good things about University and Cane Creek Res too. But as non-OWASA customers, we are subject to an $11 launch fee, even for our peaceful little kayaks. We're conducting an unauthorized, unadvertised, unorganized boycott. You probably haven't heard about it. It will continue at least until we get some first-hand reports that make the $11 sound like a good deal.

United We Stand (until we see some pictures!)...

Hey Jeff, I see your point. I think all of the lakes in these articles also have some sort of park, picnic, play area, etc for families. I guess that's why they have to charge the fee so they can pay staff. But your right, there's plenty of places to go that don't charge anything. If I go, I'll let you know if it's worth a try. I don't mind paying a small fee though if it's going to a good cause and if there's monster bass!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.