NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found the cats on the river the other evening. Fished from 6-9 and caught 12 nice channels and this personal best 37 lb flatty. He took half of a brim under a long jam fished on a carolina rig. Put him on a stringer then took some good pictures the following morning and let him swim to see another day.
tarflatty.jpg

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They sure are, this one had several cuts on his body when i got him in. Including the one huge cut on his dorsal fin you can see in the picture.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
That ugly critter would eat the biggest bass you ever caught and still be hungry.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Flatheads are one of the top freshwater predators. Thier also one the strongest fish out there. Thats why I love chasing them.This spring I haven't caught that many big ones but hopfully I'll get some big ones this summer and fall. I just broke a rod sunday while fishing for them. Snapped a TWC rod on hook set while fishing some flats in deepwater 55'. Thier rough on your equipement. Thier not ugly in my book. Now a bass is ugly.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Saweeeeeeetttttt Toad.....and Pimp....for releasing a bigun...:)
I always thought the Marble coloring of a Flathead was beautiful.
Well done Sir....

Reactions: wademaster

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I was thinking leaving him on a stringer a big snapping turtle might have got him but on second thought figured the turtle would have got the worst end of that deal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ecufisherman, I'm assuming this is the Tar River? If do what area of the river are you fishing? I go to ECU myself and have began a search for fishing spots in/around Greenville for when I'm at school

1 - 11 of 11 Posts