NC Angler Forums banner

Good fishing spots

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  derekhollister 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a good fishing spots. I wanna catch somthing else other then perch and croakers that's about all I catch besides shark. What other fish are good eating.
I normaly bait with shrimp and use a dual hook rig with a 1-2 Oz weight and size 1-4 circle hooks but they love to just nibble the shrimp off instead of trying to tske it.

I'm located on cherrypoint/havelock.

Discussion starter · #6 ·
I've tried some piers and on base. Never had any luck on base. I've tried harkers and queens creek and the bridges.I only catch shark perch croakers and sting ray. And that's all by yanking the hook never had a fish take the bait I use size 1 or 2 circle hook I belive. I use shrimp for bait I've tried used finger bait with a cast net but no hit or they are picked off I've tried fiddler crabs but the come right off the hook and don't even feel a bite.

Discussion starter · #10 ·
Nothing is wrong with croakers just wanna catch somthing different. I'm not sure of what seasons to fish for what fish I'm pretty new at this so I don't know much. I belive I may have caught one nice size flounder it put up a nice fight but as soon as it got to the top of the water it was off my hook.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.