NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Lake Jordan this morning for the first time and I really like the lake. I went with a buddy from a club I am in and he showed me around. We landed about a dozen decent bass and I caught a 3" shad on a rattle trap...go figure :confused:. I'm catching on about what bass fishing takes down here. I tried a Carolina rig, but I'm not used to it, so I threw a Texas rig for most of the morning. I really liked the fact there is a lot of grassy areas, rocks and fallen timber. I caught all my bass only 3-8 feet off shore and in less that 6 FOW.

Last weekend when I was home in Mass, my buddy took me four wheeling and we threw a few lines in the pond for about 5 minutes because the skeeters were so bad. I got a hit every time I casted and landed two small ones. It was in a lily pad patch.....never fails. So, there is certainly a difference in fishing techniques depending on where you are in the country. ...it seems to me anyway.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Home Wood,

Where in Mass are you from? I grew up in Seekonk (near Providence RI) and moved here about 4 1/2 years ago. Definately alot of differences down here, however, taking the time to try new things (Carolina Rig, Deep Crankin) can definately be rewarding. Know what you mean about the lily pad fishing though. Grew up on East Providence (Turner) Resevoir. Place was loaded with pads and I have yet to have as productive of days here as I used to there. Although, I guess anyone could say that about their home waters. Miss the Cape Cod small mouth too! But, definately much higher probability of catching trophy largemouth here. Haven't fished Jordan much the past couple years but used to be that spinnerbaits on the rip rap banks worked well.

Corey

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey Corey and Home wood,

A fellow Masshole here, moved here around seven months ago from Dartmouth, down by the Cape and I sure do miss the Cape fishing from Stripers to salmon in Long Pond in Plymouth, but this sure does work, if you guys are ever up around Falls and looking to go out look me up I got my boat on a slip out at RVM and and I am always looking for an excuse to go! We could always talk about the recent Red sox slide as well!

Mark

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Long pond in Plymouth! What a small world. My friend has a cottage on a small pond in Miles Standish park in Plymouth. There are some big bass in there. The water is so clear you can see to the bottom in over 10' of water. Nice to see another Masshole green envy. Stay in touch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.