NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When looking at google earth I see one big land mass in fayetteville really clear then another is really blurry and not defined. Is this due to me not using the Direct X version? (My computer won't support it)

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
google earth

Actually no. This is in the opposite direction of bragg. Mostly right around the Cape Fear River and further in that direction.

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
I have noticed that in the pictures for topsail, certain sections are a lower reolution than others. For instance you can't make out my house or driveway (or any in my nirghborhood) but other sections further north and south are so clear that you can see the cars in the driveway and boats on the water.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Topsail Angler said:
so clear that you can see the cars in the driveway and boats on the water.
But if ya can't see what bait they're using, what good is it?
hee hee

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
google earth is a composite from satellite images from several different agencies and companies so it just depends on who took the picture. I think they are continually updating areas when they get better resolution pictures. the best thing about it is marking you gps points so you get a better idea of where you were http://community.webshots.com/photo/549436537/2884097630043237178nCQRkb

like in this pic I marked where I caught fish and interesting points

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
good idea

Good idea for using google earth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.