NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of y'all who hunt, maybe you can educate me a little here....

What kind of critter hangs out around Lake Jordan and takes 30 rounds to drop?

I was getting pretty scared out there today while somebody kept trying real hard to bring down whatever it was he shot... Seemed to go on for five minutes... Anything that takes that many rounds, doesn't seem like I want to get surprised by it. And these weren't little .22 reports, either -- big 'ol booms...

Either that or this guy can't hit the broad side of a barn, and this deer knew it. :eek:

Maybe I oughtta toss a grenade in my tackle box just in case...

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
;) Lol !!!!!!

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Them ducks are awful tough not to fly the coop under a barrage like that...

My biggest thought in posting this was that it sure struck me as funny at the time -- sure seemed like this guy was having a hard time hitting whatever it was he was shootin' at. I really have no idea what it might've been... it didn't seem particularly close, but it wasn't too awful far away...

Sure seemed like the barrage lasted long enough to have scattered any flock of anything that was capable of flying away... I've never hunted fowl, but I'd have thought you wouldn't have been able to get more than three or four shots off before they flew off...

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I never meant to imply that I had a problem with it... Mostly just struck me as funny at the time...

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I can blow through 250 rounds with my Mac90 in no time... Fun with some pumpkins!!!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
get 4-5 guys shooting at a bunch of ducks and it is non stop hammer time.. i have done it.i know.. jordan lake is one of the primo locations for duck hunting in nc..

ya should hear us swan busting on madumaskeet. thats big bore thunder rit der..

zooker

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.