NC Angler Forums banner

Got me a ******* Yacht...

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Greenmonster 
#1 ·
Ive been a kayak angler for a few years, but now that my two kids are a little older (almost 6, and 3) I wanted to be able to spend time with them fishing and figured a boat was the easiest and safest method for making that happen.

So, I introduce to you, my hideously ugly 1980 Tidewater with a Force 50 motor. Motor runs great, but I do have a laundry list of things that need to be done.

New Steering Cable
New Throttle Cable
Fix the locking system to keep the motor from wanting to pop out during reverse
Install Trolling motor
Install Fish Finder

I'm sure there is some more to do but for now this will be enough. Certainly don't want to invest much into this older boat but since she floats and the motor runs well, she'll hopefully last me a few years.
Boat trailer Wheel Window Boat Tire

See less See more
#5 ·
Very nice.

Your deck top is similar to mine with the console. Mine is in the middle. I have a 55 Evinrude. I installed a tach and am working on a fuel gauge. Both in the console. It's also a nice place to mount the 2 battery on board battery charger. Mine is more of a speed boat hull. I like your flatter hull. It should be more stable when moving about it.

mikeski

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.