NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may have seen my posts about QCKBF trail that has been started by me in the Charlotte area. Well we were on Lake Norman this weekend out of Stumpy Creek. We ended up having 31 kayaks come out and fish with us. The day started off cold, and foggy. After a 30 min delay, I decided that if you wanted to venture into the fog you could.

I run and fish the trail, and I had been prefishing hard, and put together a solid pattern. First thing in the morning I was fan casting a bama rig around bait, slow rolling it off the bottom in 20 ft, and bam, stopped in its tracks. A fat 20.25 inch large mouth, weighing 4.14. I was super excited, knowing I had my kicker first thing was huge. After about 20 min of nothing else, I pick up the shadow rap, white, deep, and start working areas around drop offs, and docks. Hook up with keeper two, a 15.5inch spot. Same pattern puts a 12.5 inch spot on the board also. About 11am, the fog is gone and the sun is blazing. Figure id wear em out on a shaky the rest of the day. Catch a 9inch bass first few casts, giving me a small limit (4 fish). Fishing with my wife, I tell her man I need to cull this dink. 2 hours go by, no bites. Grab my silver shadow rap and say im chucking this the rest of the day. See a bust, throw it in, jerk jerk, bam! A nice 17.5 large mouth. What a huge 9in cull!!! Puts me at 65.25 inches, and gave me enough to win first place, big fish, and take home close to $800!

Ill get more pics up as I load them.
QCKBF Queen City Kayak Bass Fishing

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Get a sick day lined up and come fish with us. Look my trail up on face book. Qckbf

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.