NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Just about any spot on Wilson's Creek is worthy of a pic. Two of my uncles bought places in Edgemont on the creek and the old school house across from Coffee's store is still in the family. Had many a great time on the creek. Thanks for stirring up some memories Crummy

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just about any spot on Wilson's Creek is worthy of a pic. Two of my uncles bought places in Edgemont on the creek and the old school house across from Coffee's store is still in the family. Had many a great time on the creek. Thanks for stirring up some memories Crummy
:cool:No problem. Lived here all my life.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey sandbar. I found this pic surfing the net one day. My father was a founding member of the local trail bike riding club. We spent most every weekend riding up in those parts. The club now runs the Brown Mountain ORV area. Good times, talk about old memories. Pic appears to be around the 70's. Coffey's Store.

Attachments

·
Registered
715 Posts
Crummy thats a pretty interesting picture, pretty but also kinda grabs at you, or me anyway.

Dave your little one holding the rod is just plain "priceless"

Jim

·
Registered
969 Posts
That's a great photo of Coffey's store. Edgemont was one of the few places my folks would vacate to. They would trailer a couple of horses up and spend the weekend. That was mostly in the 60's. Not near as many people there at that time. In the early 70's, after I bought my cj5 (brand new 304 8cyl 3800 bucks without a top), I could have been counted as a full time resident.
Did you check out Coffey's pond? He had some nice trout in there.
Guess I'll have to reserve the school house a few days this summer.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's a great photo of Coffey's store. Edgemont was one of the few places my folks would vacate to. They would trailer a couple of horses up and spend the weekend. That was mostly in the 60's. Not near as many people there at that time. In the early 70's, after I bought my cj5 (brand new 304 8cyl 3800 bucks without a top), I could have been counted as a full time resident.
Did you check out Coffey's pond? He had some nice trout in there.
Guess I'll have to reserve the school house a few days this summer.
Sounds good. Give a shout when you head up. Things are pretty much the same but there is a new Visitor Center now beside Walker's Store.

Attachments

·
Registered
715 Posts
Dave, that picture of you little fellow with the rod in your garage should be submitted to various fishing publications, I am sure someone would publish it. Is there anything like "young Anglars Magazine" or "Kids Fishing Magazine"

Jim

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Dave, that picture of you little fellow with the rod in your garage should be submitted to various fishing publications, I am sure someone would publish it. Is there anything like "young Anglars Magazine" or "Kids Fishing Magazine"

Jim
Good idea!!

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Here's one to muse over....Boat too small? Steal a dock!!! Need a place for the family to spend the 4th???? Steal a dock!!! Wanna go crappie fishing??? Steal a dock!!!! Got nothing to do ???? Steal a dock!!! Just wanna have some fun ???? Steal a dock!!!!:eek::eek:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.