NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Red X Angler
3,788 Posts
I've never fished it, but hopefully someone will chime in for ya.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have not fished Graham/ Mebane in years but I use to fish it every week. Spinnerbaits were always good this time of the year. The water will be stained and the lake is pretty shallow. There are some areas that always produced fish when I fished there. I would fish the bank on the right as soon as you go thru the bridge at the ramp. I also had great luck on bank the across from the high school.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Have not fished it this year yet but spinner baits are good or jigs in structure.go left out of ramp under bridge through old bridge you will see and area on right where boats not allowed. Across lake..start at point where it ends.fish right side to where trees end at houses. I have had good luck in that area.I use white chartreuse war eagle spinner gold double willow...hope you catch em....

·
Registered
644 Posts
G-M is essentially 2 lakes in one to me. The "old" lake is at the marina and to the old dam which has an opening to access the "new" lake. Old lake-is very shallow and has a lot of wood cover. Flipping jigs and t-rig plastics and spinnerbaits is a staple. I did well last year on a wacky rig senko or yumdinger on 8# test on a spinning rod. My milk run- Take a right out of the marina and go past the pier,straight ahead is a shallow point on left marked by buoy. I always hit it with a c-rig. Then work my way back to the bridge at the marina hitting wood on both banks. go under bridge and fish bank on the right to the old dam but give the left bank a shot also.

New lake- Much deeper and not as much wood cover. Much better for cranking and deeper presentations. Follow the lake around to the next bridge and you will see Eastern Alamance HS at the bridge. Fish the cove behind the HS athletic fields,its usually decent.

When they are "on" there it can be really good,and when they aren't it will make you want to park the boat in the front yard and put a for sale sign on it.

BTW I will trade this info for any info on Badin Lake -circle dr area if anyone wants to pass it on. Ive got a CNCBA trail event there this year and have never saw the place before.

Good luck Linda!!!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I fished there many times on my yak over the past few years...but not yet this year. I'm betting most of your competition will go left out of the marina and under the bridge. But if the water temp is 55 or higher, I would make a few casts off to the right like Albright mentioned. Beyond the shallow buoy, there is a meadow on the left. The depth is shallow (2-10ft). However, you can find bass there. I've caught few 4-6 lbers with a jerk bait or a black yum dinger.
Good luck!
let us know how you did.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hmmm... seems to me I can see Graham/ Mebane from the back yard over just beyond my pond. Anyone ever going and have room in the boat I can show you where I have caught or seen several over 8lb fish caught. Just let me know if you have a spare seat. Albright I have also fished Badin if you need some tips let me know and I will give you the info.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I won Big Bass at Graham-Mebane!

Just wanted to thank everyone for the info about Graham-Mebane Lake. I got one bite all day and caught one bass, but it was a good one...6 lbs 4 oz. I caught it 45 minutes before weigh-in in the little cut you see behind me across the lake from the ramp. I caught it on a shakey head with a June Bug Zoom finese worm. The water temp was in the low 50's.

The winner of our club tournament had a five-fish limit and almost 13 lbs. He was fishing a Texas-rigged finese worm.

Attachments

·
Registered
888 Posts
Congrats, Linda! My wife & I live outside of Madison and you have done some work for us. I think you and I talked about Belews. Nice to see you here on NCAngler, a great bunch o' folks!

Jim

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a small club tournament on Graham-Mebane Lake on Saturday. I have never been there and won't get to pre-fish. I would appreciate any info about the lake.
I've fished it the past couple weekends and have done great 6th sense rattle traps in chrome threadphin shad color and the river to sea whopper plopper in monkey butt color have been my top 2 baits go check out my YouTube channel for the videos of the 2 and 4 pounder DNAFiShInNC please like and subscribe for more awesome content and hope this helps you out good luck and as always tight lines budd

·
Registered
194 Posts
I've fished it the past couple weekends and have done great 6th sense rattle traps in chrome threadphin shad color and the river to sea whopper plopper in monkey butt color have been my top 2 baits go check out my YouTube channel for the videos of the 2 and 4 pounder DNAFiShInNC please like and subscribe for more awesome content and hope this helps you out good luck and as always tight lines budd
Yeah that’s just what we need is one more youGoober blasting a local small lake all over the internet as if we don’t have enough of that already…….and you replied to a thread that is 9 years old.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts