NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Base forage is threadfin shad, crayfish, sunfish, frogs, small snakes. But bass will eat whatever they can swallow, threadfin are common there, and accounts for the big, heavily muscled fish in the lake. Strongest bass I have seen anywhere. People say they are fat. Anybody ever seen fat on a fish?

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just heard from my son Matt. He's out there, and has put seven in the boat, most between 1 1/2 to two pounds, but..
He just had one go under the boat and break him off. Said she looked as least as big as mine from yesterday. He had one around five throw the hook too..lol Oh well. Good to see them ole big girls are at it now! All fish caught today on C rigged and T rigged speedcraws.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Just heard from my son Matt. He's out there, and has put seven in the boat, most between 1 1/2 to two pounds, but..
He just had one go under the boat and break him off. Said she looked as least as big as mine from yesterday. He had one around five throw the hook too..lol Oh well. Good to see them ole big girls are at it now! All fish caught today on C rigged and T rigged speedcraws.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Zoom should send you a check because you have probably sold more speedcraws than anyone in NC! Too bad they don't work. ;)

BTW, how long does the floating worm bite last out there? Is it a short post spawn thing or will it go all summer?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.