NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking around for a place for fishermen(and women) from NC and the southeast. Fishing, I'm sure like most here, is a lifelong hobby. Nothing matches the thrill and relaxation of a good day on or around the water. Time for the season to really get good. I don't specialize in any one species or group. I like all kinds and go as often as I can. This week it will be walleye on James, and trout at Nantahala. Tight lines.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Welcome Crummy. The site is great with much input from terrific folks. It's a great place to get some ideas, info and have fun too.
Andy

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NCangler said:
Where do you do most of your fishing?
Mostly in the foothills and mountains. We are fortunate here with an abundance of streams, rivers, and lakes. Travel to SC and Ga some. Just wrapped up crappie season. Had some good trips to High Rock Lake. Fished a local hatchery supported stream this weekend. Stayed off the lake. Nantahala this weekend. Avatar is not me but I liked it. Pic of stream I fished Memorial Day.(couldn't believe it, had the creek to ourselves) Caught some nice brooks and browns.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Welcome aboard...I think you'll find what you're looking for here. Keep us posted on the Cherokee areas. I think we're gonna take the boy up that way soon and want to put him on some fish.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ParrotHead said:
Welcome aboard...I think you'll find what you're looking for here. Keep us posted on the Cherokee areas. I think we're gonna take the boy up that way soon and want to put him on some fish.
Nantahala delayed harvest is great for kids and the beginner fly fisherman. Creek is loaded with fish. There are many up that way. Depends on what area you will be in to what is convinient. BTW, Cherokee has their own license. Some really good fishing there. Usually good size fish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.