NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, Just wanted to say what a great site very Helpfull. I have been here at Ft Bragg on and off for 18 years, but just recentlly bought a boat and got back to doing what I really enjoy since I finally have the time. I have been having some sucess at Jordan, fishing for crappie. I am just ready for them to start the spawn! LOL The sucess was first catching about 20 keepers under 64 bridge then on thursday about 10 keepers close to Farrington bridge then they just stopped. I think that all the rain and the high water has them spooked about laying the eggs because the high water will eventully go down and that will leave the eggs high and dry. Could that be the case ord oes anyone have any knowledge or ideas on this? I would greatly appreciate it. Oh and also BTW while fishing for crappie on Thursday I caught a 6 pound channel on 4 pound test. Put up one heck of a good time LOL Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
8,127 Posts
Welcome aboard Jimmym! Glad to have you join us. If you have been serving your country down at Fort Bragg then let me be the first to thank you for your service. It is very much appreciated and respected around here. :)

·
Registered
15,708 Posts
Hey man Welcome aboard...............check out the many lakes and ponds on Bragg.......

Really check out the sleeper pond of McKellers, thats right right at the Rod and Gun Club.........caught a many one there.....and no pressure

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Welcome to the party! Thanks for your service!

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Welcome to the site! there are lots of very knowledgeable people here compared to a lot of sites. If you are in to crappie fishing and are driving to jordan lake you may want to try Buckhorn Dam in Lee county off of Hwy 42. used to be a lot of crappie there but it has been a while since I have fished there. :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys and thank you for the info baitandfly..Jordan is a good drive! I will try your advice...Scott Hobbs are you saying that Mckellars has crappie? I thought that it only had Channel Cats?

·
Registered
15,708 Posts
Sorry man........had bass on the brain.....usless they have redone the lake plenty of bass..........was a couple of diuble digit ones back in the day.....electro shock pulled em to the top.........friend worked at the Game warden station and told me........

Mott lake is full of crappie........and Smith Lake has some monster crappie if you can get in........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.