NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another fine weekend of fishing. Brought home dinner Friday morning. Caught a pile-o-panfish Saturday. At 10 the wife asks if I am fishing Sunday. Ummmm. YAAAAaaa. So I went today too. Joy. And brought home dinner again. Dinner was a couple nice channel cats and a half dozen nice perch. There were a couple bass in there somewhere too. It seems though that they found something for me to do and I will have to produce the next couple weeks. :-(

Harris Lake was quiet both mornings. 10 vehicles in the lot at 6. No real traffic Friday. The afternoon shift started showing up at 10 today.

The bite was not huge but passable. I saw a couple fish taken. I had a perch out and it went for a walk. I found a new brush pile where something tangled me up. Good and bad. Another kayak pulled up a while after catching what he thought was a bass till he netted it. He had never seen or caught a Bowfin before. Was 9lbs.

I caught all my fish at the lake on an 1/8oz jig with grub. H have not had any luck on the top early.

mike

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
wow, a 9lb bowfin. that was a bruiser.

Nice job getting on some fish!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am so clueless. hahahaha. I was unaware Bowfin were in there. Just like the perch. So I did a little surfing and found that 9 is about average size. With bigger ones going to 11 or 12.

He had a minnow on a cork in a cove. Not sure what kind. Same thing I was doing with the perch.

mike

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When fishing/cleaning my perch I see 5 distinct differences in size. The biggest are near 2lbs. It's interesting lining them up. I just keep the top 3 sizes. And I have just been bringing home what I can eat. Or give away. I learned log ago that cleaning fish is work and the smaller the fish the less you get ;-). Just like a deer.

And giving fish away is nice for friends and neighbors. But they always want it cleaned. Well, except for one retired neighbor. He likes catfish. So I bring them the channel cats I catch.

mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.