NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Snow Hill and just recently started fishing. Recently being two months ago. I have a buddy in Goldsboro who fishes as well. We have no boat but like bass-fishing and cat-fishing.

The problem is that we do not know the area well at all. We have found a few really small ponds off of 70 in Kinston that have a few cats in them. Thats about all. We went to Wiggins Mill for a day and only caught one pickerel.

Anyone have suggestions of where we might hook up on some cats or bass? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Howdy and welcome. Sorry I cant be of any help with any locations but there are a lot of guys that fish that area that should be able to help you out.

·
Registered
167 Posts
MilitaryMan69

Hey there, I'm stationed in goldsboro, have lived there for a few years now and fish regularly. Without a boat theres only a few spots I can think of that would produce some bass/catfish for you. As for Wiggins I fish that in my boat and have caught some nice 4lbs'ers in there before but you have never fished it from the shore. There are two spots in Goldsboro thought that I know you would have some luck fishing for either species. Both are on the Nuese. There are two bridges on 581. Coming from Snow hill either on 903 or 13.... 13 head east or west coming off of 903 but take 111 south and go a few miles and turn right on 581.

Now the first bridge you get to once you cross it you will see a boat landing to your left head on down there. Once down there you can loop and go under the bridge there is a trail you can take a truck down. You can follow that as far as you want back there, but sounds bad but there will be a trash pile on your left continue passed that and you will follow the trail to a bend in the river curving to the left. A little further ahead to your right you can go down and you will be at a nice bend in the river to fish.

Next spot, if you go passed that first bridge continue to the second bridge and after you cross it on the right hand side you can either drive down if you have a 4x4 or walk down.. Fishing is good there and also there is a foot path to the left once down below that will lead you to Stoney Creek that empties into the Nuese, good spot for Bass.

Hope this helps may sound confusing but just yell back if you want more info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Scott and BassAngler. I appreciate those suggestions. Think we might head out tonight for some cats. Lets hope the rain doesn't last all weekend!

BassAngler, I too am stationed in Goldsboro. Welcome home!!:cool:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Goldsboro/Snow Hill area is really a tough one..I travel this every day. I am an advocate of Google Earth to find all the small ponds and lakes but dont trust that info on there for goldsboro. I have checked out many of the ones and where there should be a lake with nothing around it.. is now grown up with houses all around it.. seems to be the case with every lake and pond in goldsboro. You will be better off to stay with the Neuse River, the Little River and Contentnea Creek. Hope this helps.

On the flip side of this, being from Snow Hill, If you dont mind traveling to Ayden, Grifton, Greenville area. Its not hard to find some fish!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Well not home yet but very soon, the days are slowly counting down. Just put in a big order with the bait monkey. Also, haveing the wife get the boat ready for our little R&R trip up to Lake Gaston. Tight Lines and good luck.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Good deal BA I've got a buddy with a place in Americamps in Bracey VA on Gaston. I hear reports of Stripers/LM Bass and cats picking up in the area, should be in full swing for your arrival!!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.