NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a question. Is there a Greenville Fishing Club? And who all on here is from or around GVegas area? And where are the best spots to fish around this place? Let me know. Thanks guys.

Ben

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
sounds like you might have something here. You can be the founding father of the club. Just do some get togethers after finding out who all is interested.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I'm just learning my way around here too Ben... Maybe we can compare notes. I think membership in our area is thin right now so we need to get the word out about NCAngler.com!! As "Martin" would say.. "wez gotta reprezent!!!"

Reactions: NCangler

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah we really do need to get the word out, but I only know a couple of people here so its hard for me to get the word out. And I don't want to be the founding father of anything.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Ben let's work on more recruits in the area and then we will find a "father" LOL !!

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Didn't mean to put you on the spot ben. I started asking the same questions and we ended up with a group that tries to get together from time to time. All in good fun.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here is my ultimatum for anyone in G-vegas, GET a team started at ECU!!! I have been trying to get my buds down there going for 2 years now and they all start to go for it and just end up getting drunk and forget about it (in true ECU fashion). Anyone who knows students at ECU that love to bass fish needs to get these guys motivated so we can start bringing some bigtime collegiate tournaments to NC.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I hear ya! I've been pushing the site to everyone I know. My wife is a ECU alumni but we are having a tough time... I think we need something we can post in bait shops or something...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yea we need 6 strong teams between NC and VA to be able to get enough pull to bring some of the bigtime tournaments down here. We are currently on top, but we have no nearby teams as they are all concentrated in the deep south and midwest.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I wonder why it isnt more popular here ? Lack of support/funding?

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Yep Ben your right... ECU has always been a party school!!! I used to drive 2 hrs on a summer weekend when I was young just to get stupid with Pros, seen a million major bands at "THE ATTIC"...LOL! Now I'd rather go fishing...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sure wish we had a fishing team back in early 90's. Yea, there's lots of parties but also lots of outdoor activities down east from fishing to duck or deer hunting. My freshman year, my roommate and I got in trouble cause we had our deer rifles in our dorm room. I wouldn't recommend that. Later we found out we could check our rifles in with the campus police but don't know if you can still do that.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I thought I would bump this topic back up and see if we had enough interest in the Greenville/Washington/Vanceboro/Rocky mount areas to get something together on a regular basis like the Fayetteville group has done...... I'm willing to do the legwork to find a meeting place if we can get the interest.

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
i Would Also Like To See A Greenville Fishing Club, Someone Take Charge That Knows Something A Forming A Club, I'll Be At The Metting, Any Time Any Place, Sundrop Why Dont You Set Up Something ..................chris

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.