NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the Outer Banks! Hi all, old salt (63 y/o) who grew up in eastern NC but went corporate nomad back in the late 80's-early 90's. I grew up fishing Bath Creek and the Pamlico river and sound. That's been over 40 yrs ago so all the holes I know are probably long gone (actually not so as I just put some buddies onto a boat load of flatties on 10Jul2021). After spending the last 30+ yrs out-of-state, I'm finally home to stay. My career spanned five different employers all being pharmaceutical research organizations. Yes, I'm a chemist, by training and inclination a analytical chemist. The last 20 years of my career I've been in upper level management positions (Associate Director, Director, et.) so really haven't been a working chemist in a few years but I still know a thing or two.

I currently reside in eastern NC near Greenville. I run a 22 ft 2009 Scout Sportfish 222. I intend to reacquaint myself with the Pamlico (river and sound) and plan on some off-shore (gotta pick your days at 22ft loa) and plenty of in- and near-shore. Wreck fishing, trolling (Taco Grand Slam outriggers), drifting, whatever it takes to find fish, I'll be giving it a try. Prior to relocating to Greenville I lived and fished the northern OBX (Kill Devil Hills) and can give you all the skinny you need to catch the local bite there however, I was landlocked at the time so all that info is based on pier, surf and bridge fishing. If you need info on walking the dog (puppy drum fishing) in-shore there, I can help.

Looking forward to being a part of the local fishing community here now and also looking crew to help defray cost so if you're interested, give me a shout.

Tight lines all!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts