NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Tarheel Bassmasters - lend us a hand!

For two years now, Operation North State has been taking Wounded Warriors and Disabled Veterans bass and crappie fishing in our Top Shelf Fishin' Festival on Badin Lake. And, last year we added the Peer Fishin' Festival at Oak Island on Ocean Crest Pier which was held in October. This year at the request of the Wounded Warriors requesting more opportunities to go fishing, we are expanding to Lake Norman, Randleman Lake, Jordan Lake, New Bern and we are still on Badin Lake and will host the Peer Fishin' Festival too. Please go to Facebook: Operation North State and view our photo album that contains all the flyers /details for this year's event. There are also photo albums and posts from our previous TSFFs. Please lend us a hand - you will be in great company. There is no entry fee for our host boaters - and, help spread the word. Thanks! Terry 336.764.5967

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
I will begin trying to reschedule my appointments at work so I can be available for the date at Randleman; I'd like to help with this and I'm confident I can put someone on fish on that lake. Just to be clear, the date listed for the Randleman event is on a Tuesday, and the lake is normally closed Mondays and Tuesdays. I assume you guys have arranged access for that date? Thanks for doing this, and a heartfelt thanks to our service members' and their families' sacrifices.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, ONS is being given the lake on Tuesday for the event. FYI: The Petty Family Foundation and the Randolph County Travel and Tourism Group are helping fund and promote the event in a big way. Thanks for helping and keep spreading the word.

Send me an email to [email protected] and I'll get you down. Need your email address, telephone number and your community - we track where our fishing hosts come in from to assist in the great cause. Thanks, Terry

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
Work schedule cleared, email sent. I'll talk to my buddies and see if any of them might be interested in volunteering as boaters as well. My mailing address is in my email, but I live in High Point.

Reactions: dbeam

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
I talked with Terry just a few minutes ago, I am looking forward to the Lake Norman Event. April 16th should be a great time to be on the water I hope we can find some fish.

Darrell

·
Registered
37 Posts
I can help on Norman, not sure what to help with though. I have a 16ft jon with a 40hp set up for bass fishing. I fish Norman a LOT. I also have a lot of bass fishing gear or can bring food and drinks. I dont mind cleaning up or whatever, I am a Iraq/Afghan vet so I will do anything to help out my brothers in arms. Please let me know if I can help in any way, thank you.

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
I don't think Terry is a regular on the site so you may want to give him a call at the number a few posts back.

I will be bringing a Jon with a 40 I hope we will be able to find fish without traveling too far.

Thanks
Darrell

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Help if you can. We still need boaters for Operation North State's three spring Top Shelf Fishin' Festivals on Lake Norman, Badin Lake and Randleman Lake (Richard Petty and his Petty Family Foundation) are helping sponsor his Festival). We have a lot of excited Wounded Warriors and Disabled Veterans ready to go fishing! This is all about building much needed new friendships for these guys and gals - plus, they love to fish. Lending us a hand if you can. For Lake Norman's Festival on 4/16, we need 23 boats to get to 75. For the 4/30 Badin Lake Festival, we need 17 to reach 50 and for the May 19 Randleman Lake Festival, we need 30 (this one will fill up fast; the $15 lake access fee is being waived). Thanks, Terry 336.406.3459

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.