NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks, I moved to NC last August from Indiana. I was an avid crappie fisherman there and was in the process of perfecting my walleye tricks too. Now that I live here I have been fishing salt water almost exclusively. I lived in Florida as a kid and am now very happy to be able to target the ocean fish again. I live outside of Raleigh but I hit the coast once or twice a month at least. I have a small, older Mckee craft skiff for the ICW but I am also really enjoying fishing the piers (Jolly Roger is my favorite so far). I have had alot of success at both Topsail and Atlantic Beach. The Spanish/Blue runs were topnotch this year and recently I have had great luck with Red Drum, spots, croaker, pompano and whiting off the piers. I learned alot about big Bull red drums on the piers as they broke off my gear again and again until I knew how to play their game around the pylons!
I love to swap tales and tips and am always up for fishing with someone new,

Brian "Rainer"

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Welcome to the site Brian. Glad you're enjoying the coast. Look forward to your reports and pics.

Reactions: Rainer

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Welcome to the party!!

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
With your set up you are a shoe in for fall Trout in the marshes ! Glad to seeing you adapt to our area and have fun!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts