NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone... I'm in Castle Hayne down near Wilmington and have just gotten into fishing again after a long break away from it. We've been out on the Cape Fear River out of the Castle Hayne ramp a few times now, since last August when dad bought a bass boat. Fresh water fishing is a new experience - I grew up fishing on the lower Potomac in Southern Maryland, so this is all new. We were convinced for awhile that there were no fish in the Cape Fear, but our luck changed this past month when we started landing some bass, brim and catfish.

I landed my first bass (on my last cast of the night) this past Saturday and it was a great feeling.

Look forward to sharing with everyone...

·
Registered
574 Posts
whereabouts is lake sutton? me and the family have only been down this way a few years? whats the popular catch out there?
Mapquest Wilmington and it is the big body of water North West of it. You can take MLK and go across the river and take a right on 421 take a left on Sutton lake Rd. Or take 140 West till it ends and take a left off the off ramp and Sutton lake Rd is on the left. Bass, catfish, brim, etc., just watch out for shallow areas and logs in the water, they are everywhere and can take out the lower unit of your motor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.