NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have lurked this site for a few years, may have even posted a couple of times. My family and I are not experts at fishing but we do enjoy it. We live in Raleigh but most of our fishing has been at my parents place in Bath, off the Pamlico. Many flounder and specs have found their way to our plates over the past 20+ years. Recently, we purchased a place in Salter Path and look forward to what Bogue Sound and the Atlantic have to offer (I hear there are a few fish there). Part of this move means upgrading our boat from current bow rider to a center console, and I have a number of questions I'm hoping to post in these forums for advice and thoughts. I am also a good searcher and will always start there.

My hope is that as we settle in and begin our offshore adventures that we can find some people here to fish with and learn from. That's still a few months away but I'm planning ahead!

Thanks for having me.

·
Red X Angler
3,800 Posts
I have fond memories of Salter Path. I spent my summers from age 5 till age 16 at Camp Morehead (back when there was such a place, before it was turned to real estate) , and one of our favorite 'activities' was the daylong trip across Bogue Sound taking the hobie fleet over from the mainland side to the barrier island side. We would beach the boats, eat lunch, and then run through the woods into Salter Path and walk across to the beach. We were always told to be respectful of the fishermen living there by being quiet, as we were told many of them were sleeping, as we walked through 'town'. Fond, fond memories.

Welcome to NCAngler, glad you decided to join us!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have fond memories of Salter Path. I spent my summers from age 5 till age 16 at Camp Morehead (back when there was such a place, before it was turned to real estate) , and one of our favorite 'activities' was the daylong trip across Bogue Sound taking the hobie fleet over from the mainland side to the barrier island side. We would beach the boats, eat lunch, and then run through the woods into Salter Path and walk across to the beach. We were always told to be respectful of the fishermen living there by being quiet, as we were told many of them were sleeping, as we walked through 'town'. Fond, fond memories.

Welcome to NCAngler, glad you decided to join us!
Thank you for the warm welcome. I have similar memories from when we would camp at Salter Path campgrounds in the early 70's. I think all those sleeping fishermen still live there, and you can still walk through the oaks across the dunes to the beach. It is still a special place.

·
Red X Angler
11,444 Posts
Welcome I have good memories of the area as well We used to make a couple of trips each year to fish on the Iron Steamer pier. Glad you have joined us and looking forward to seeing your reports.

Darrell

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.