NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all. I fish for Crappie on Kerr Lake from a 12' jon boat. I have a 5 hp gas, plus a transom mount trolling motor. Built a casting deck for the front. Fishing from such a small, slow boat on a large lake presents its challenges, but I get lucky every once in a while. Boat maneuvering can be a challenge with this setup, especially in the wind. I would love to have a slightly larger boat with a bow mount trolling motor, but I also like having money in my pocket!

Hate I couldn't fish during the warm weather we had this week, but I have this horrible affliction called a "day job" :p. So now I'm debating if I should fight the cold and drizzle today, or the wind tomorrow!??? Or maybe just stay home and wait for x-mas vacation.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone. For those that fish Kerr, be sure to check out Kerr / Buggs Island Lake Information and Fishing Report ( www.kerrlake.info ), great message boards there as well.

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Welcome Fisherjon. I missed out on most of the good weather last week too - struck with the same affliction. I did manage 1 shore fish so it wasn't a total loss, but pretty close.

I vote for the pre-drizzle today and try to get off before it gets ugly out there, but the crappie probably won't mind a little wind tomorrow. Let us know what you decided and if you ran into any fish.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Welcome to the party!! I hope to get up your way in the spring for spawning Crappie!!

Reactions: fisherjon

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I also suffer from this. However will have a two week break coming up this week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.