NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp, guess I'll be headin to Jordan lake tommorrow... Anyone want to meet up, let me know. Will probably do some ridin around... will be on Ch 16/68/69.. give a hollar to Size 9

Forecast as of 3:27 am EST on March 17, 2006 South Santee River South Carolina out to 20 nautical miles... low pressure will pass just north of the area today. Its trailing cold front will push across the area Friday afternoon. High pressure will build across the area from the upper Midwest this weekend. A coastal trough will develop off the Carolina coasts on Monday...and push toward the area. The next low pressure system will move into the area from the southwest on Tuesday.​
Surf City To Cape Fear Nc Out 20 Nm-

Small craft should exercise caution
Today
W winds 15 kt...becoming NW 15 to 20 kt with few gusts up to 30 kt late. Seas building to 5 ft...except 3 ft near shore.
Tonight
N winds 20 kt with few gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
Sat
N winds 15 to 20 kt...decreasing to 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Seas 4 to 5 ft...subsiding to 3 to 4 ft.
Sat Night
N winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.

Forecast as of 9:30 am EST on March 17, 2006 Hatteras Canyon To Cape Fear Out To 34n 71w To 32n 73w.
Gale force winds expected Tue
This Afternoon
W to SW winds 10 to 20 kt increasing to 20 to 30 kt...except becoming N to NW 20 to 30 kt over NW portion late. Seas 4 to 7 ft...except building to 10 ft E of 75w. Scattered showers and tstms.
Tonight
Winds becoming N to NW 15 to 25 kt throughout. Seas 4 to 7 ft...except to 10 ft E of 75w. Isolated showers.
Sat And Sat Night
NW winds decreasing to 15 to 20 kt Sat. Seas becoming 2 to 5 ft...except to 9 ft E of 75w Sat...highest NE.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Dave, you need to put that boy on a pile of white perch. I'm not sure how many there are in Jordon but they are typically schooled up and hungry about now. If you have any speck rigs you can catch 'em 2 at a time. Better still tie up some using 10 lb test and crappie jigs. AL

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Al... I'm gettin ready to leave for the lake right now.
Not fishin this time, my boy wants to play with neighbor friend today....
so he's stayin behind.

I'm just headin up to enjoy myself a boat ride. Parrot and Lefty are gonna be up that way today, so I might bump into them.

The S turns are great for white bass, and your right, should be loads of them (and crappies too). We usually use the tandem crappie rig's with gold hooks.... but now you got me thinkin whether or not to use a large size sabiki rig..... hmmm...

Welp,, off to the lake

Cya

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nothin really happening on Jordan today, wind, and wind and chilly.
Striper tourny goin on, but only two boats from what I heard caught anything
I talked with "Striper B" and he said fish pretty much had lock jaw all day, though everyone was marking fish.

Met up with Parrothead and rode for a short bit with him and his son, we marked fish too on the sonar.. so after I had to drop the guys off at the ramp, I ran down the river part then back up to drop a jig or two to troll the channel. Had one bend in the rod, then jerk jerk and nothin. So either I lost the elusive huge stick or I got hung up,,, It wasnt a fish I'm almost positive.

Either way, good day on the lake, fun to run the boat, got to meet ParrotHead. Next time we'll get some more time to fish or somethin, Good to meet ya and see ya next time!

(Lefty-- you didnt miss much... just another windy cold day on the lake)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Dave,

It was good to meet up with, sorry 'bout cutting the ride short but, I didn't feel right leaving Mama on the sure when she was feeling queasy. We didn't catch anything. The boy had a couple good hits, but tried to set the hook too soon. He's just like his mother, Queen Lip-Ripper. It's not her fault though, it's Seabiscuit's. He taught her how to fish in the Carolina surf at EI.

I hope this coming weekend's better at Jordan Lake or I'm gonna be in trouble. That's the same spot that I am having 30-50 cub scouts for their fishing derby. If we all skunk out, that's gonna be a looooooooooooooooooong day:(.

Dave, that wasn't Lefty with the yak, it was a 69 year old lady with white hair, she did look a lot like him though :p ;).

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hear that

Not a problem, trust me, I kinda know how a pregnant woman can be!!! :eek:
Oops on the thought it mighta been Lefty (sorry Lefty!!) :eek:

Well good luck Gary with the kids next weekend,, weather is too iffy to call right now, hopefully you have a good get together. At least they'll be fishin... so that's always good. Again, was great to meet ya and I'm sure we'll meet up again.

Sorry to end this on a not so good note, but we lost our family dog Misty to cancer today, she would've been 9 this September. She was the best dog any family could have, guarded our boys as her own and just loved to play in snow and chase a ball. Momma took it pretty hard as we've had her since she was born and I havent told the oldest boy yet... that might be pretty tough,, we're still discussing how to go about that.
It's unfortunate, but it was just her time, she lived a great life and was a joy to have as a family member. Hug yer pet cause you really dont realize how important they really are to a family until their gone. It was a very tough call for me today as well as her vet, they just loved her too...

·
Registered
574 Posts
Dave,

Sorry to hear 'bout Misty. I know it's tough. As for the boy, just tell out right. They're tougher than we give them credit for. With our little guy, it's always worked out just tell him like it is. Explain she's in a better place and not hurting anymore and he'll be fine.

Good luck!

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Dave - sorry to hear about your dog. I know how rought that can be. We lost our 8 year old Border Collie last July due to an illness but rather sudden. I'm with PH - best to just tell your son straight up and emphasis the dog is out of pain.

Good luck.
Mike

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Dave---I can identify with your loss here. Two years ago we had to have our spaniel cockapoo mix put away. She was 16 years old, I never went fishing without her and my boats never went anywhere without her in them for her entire life. They are not just pets but very much part of family.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanx guys, and I think Levi handled it pretty good, all he knows is she wont be coming home and that she's now in a place where she wont hurt no more. Just tug'd my heart though when he said, "can I pet her goodbye"..... (sigh)

Thanx though guys, really... it's been a suprisingly rough day....

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Farewell, Misty.

We had to put down a cat and a dog last year. <sigh>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.