NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, my hunting buddy is heading to the mountains and decided he wanted to fish. He will be with his son who heads off to boot camp the middle of August.

Does anyone have a pointer to a guide up Fontana way they would like to recommend? They will fish for what's biting and would be looking to go Thursday night or Friday. Fontana or a river float trip?

Thanks...

Mike

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was last min and then he had no signal. This caused my buddy to miss on James McManus. And Ronnie Francis was booked. They forwarded him onto Kyle, not sure of the last name and they will be on Fontana about 6:30 am Friday.

Thanks for your input all. It's been a rough last 6 months for him. He really needs this outing. And it will be with his boy who heads off to boot camp in a couple weeks.

mike

·
Registered
507 Posts
It was last min and then he had no signal. This caused my buddy to miss on James McManus. And Ronnie Francis was booked. They forwarded him onto Kyle, not sure of the last name and they will be on Fontana about 6:30 am Friday.

Thanks for your input all. It's been a rough last 6 months for him. He really needs this outing. And it will be with his boy who heads off to boot camp in a couple weeks.

mike
In that event, keep us posted. I'm always eager to hear about fishing on Fontana. (I especially want to know if they've already started drawing down the water level) and ALL of us here want to hear of their success. Even if they return empty handed what a memory!

Reactions: mikeski

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like Kyle showed them a good time. It was a great morning. They got on the boat with nothing and were supplied with all they needed to fish. It was a half day trip and they were back before noon.

My understand is they caught about a dozen bass. 4 were SMB. The also hooked into a few trout. One was 16"

Here's some pics.....

Thanks for the help all.....

mike

·
Registered
526 Posts
Sounds like they fished with Kyle Fronrath with Fontana Guides. He is a great guide and with first class operation. We fished with them last year. Glad they had a great trip and good luck to your buddies son

Reactions: mikeski

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
Beautiful fish, looks like they had a great time!

Reactions: dbeam
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.