NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wal Mart in New Bern has a whole dsiplay of Gulp Alive . Shrimp, Crabs, Minnows in a few colors just under $20 a bucket! Just wanna let everyone know... I was also surprised to find cases of Cigar minnows and packs of other frozen baits, Menhaden, etc.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
That is amazing that Wally World would have Gulp Alive yet they told me at Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World that they have not received the first shipment! I am going to check the Wal Marts around here for it. Maybe it's a coastal thing.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So Sundrop, how many buckets did you buy?!
Well, Mrs. Sundrop was holding the Tackle Monkey by ..:eek:.. well... she had hold of him and was threatening to hurt us both in similar fashion so I decided to see if we have it here in town at our Wal Mart.. :)

Reactions: LiveBait

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Sniper, I was at the BPS in Charlotte. It was kinda odd because they acted kinda like they didn't know what I was talking about and finally one the sales people told me that they had not stocked any of it yet.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I asked about it at the Dick's store in Apex... Al knew what I was talking about, but had not received any yet. This was two weeks ago or so. There were two or three other brand-new products he was expecting, don't recall just what they were...

I just called, they're expecting their shipment any day now...

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Wally World in MHC had a load of it this AM.:eek: Oh boy! This is great --two tubs of Gulp-- ran right through checkout with the groceries.
Gulp for explanation purposes has just become a new power drink--chocked full of minerals and vitamins--much needed for old men like myself. Wife is very savvy on financial things--her first remark will be to save receipts, if it has to do will our health--its tax deductible. Sorry CVS its all going to Wally World-- Just think--Gulp when I buy groceries-- Gulp when I buy medicine. Think I can milk this deal a while.:D Might get my doctor to prescribe some Gulp.

Fishing sure is exciting and full of challenges.:)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
And just when I figured out how to get more than one bag of Gulp! on the kayak with me, they go and change it up and put it in a bucket. Where inthe heack am I going to keep 3-4 buckets of gulp on the kayak? As I am sure that all of you have thought and one or two have said,,,, there is an evil marketing genius at work here.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm looking forward to experimenting with all of that juice!!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Stopped by the Wally World and Tex's Tackle in Willmington this past weekend and picked up a tug of 3" natural shrimp. Both places were $19.99 per tub. Wally World had the largest selection.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
That would be a fabulous deal if there are no shipping charges or if shipping and handling are included in the $18 price.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Ah.. see... I held back... and y'all acuse me of gettin the tackle monkey all stir'd up!! ;):cool:

Stupid question - I've only used gulps for grouper fishin (penny color'd crabs and shrimps)

Once the pack is open, shelf life doesnt seem all that long.
Can you vacumm pack them and freeze them for when needed? or for some long term storage are they fine as long as they have some of that juice left in the bag??

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.