NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the sizes and shapes are different. But has anyone used saltwater gulp in freshwater? I'm considering the cut bait or something like that.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
As far as brackish water like the lower cape fear I'm sure it would work... I have heard good things about the freshwater Gulp nightcrawlers as well so you can try both..

Reactions: Coach D

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was just wondering. Does saltwater and freshwater smell the same? Act the same?

Also, anyone use the gulp alive spray?? Found it online for $8.99 for an 8 ounce bottle. Seems a bit steep but it is gulp and everyone sears by gulp.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nobody has used the spray or used saltwater in freshwater?? Darn, might have to try it myself.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
I bought a tub, opened it up to smell the wonderful smell of awe inspiring fish catching ability. Put it in my rod storage box in my boat. Between then and other trips out jumping waves etc., it got flipped over. Well guys it is not a bottle of water. A bottle of water you can put the lid on , turn upside down, shake, it won't leak. Ha HA my friends, thy Gulp will leaketh from thy container. I discovered this while fishing Wed.. My next question, should I cut my rod storage box in pieces and use it? If so, Carolina rigged, or on a jig head?

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Bread Man--- By all means make cut bait out of you rod storage box--cut in shapes of little fishes-- use on jig heads, carolina rigs and popping corks.:D Be sure and send pix of your catches.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I bought a tub, opened it up to smell the wonderful smell of awe inspiring fish catching ability.
Bread Man---I can't help but notice your new atavar--I'm guessing this is one of your fishing buddies. Anyway, from the looks of his facial expression, he may be smelling way too much Gulp fumes or something.:)

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Breadman likes Taco Bell before a hard day of lessening the flounder population...LOL!!

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Bread Man---I can't help but notice your new atavar--I'm guessing this is one of your fishing buddies. Anyway, from the looks of his facial expression, he may be smelling way too much Gulp fumes or something.:)
I may have been sitting on a bucket, if you know what I mean, after eating a whole Grande Meal when this photo of my fishing partner was taken.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.