NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know, I've never, ever caught a sailfish or even seen one boated before soooooooo what can you do about that?:D ps: I'd put him on the wall too!!!!!
No way you can sell that boat till I get another first.:rolleyes:

Besides what you gonna do if you do sell her, go with me in my little 17' ?
Gery

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Sure,, if ol' boy can catch one out of a john boat at the liberty wreck out of Masonboro.. you should be able to snag a sail in yer 17! ;)

Not much I can do on the sellin part... unfortunately one of them corners I got painted into... unfortunately it's one of them necessary evils. Will be a sad day for me for sure if someone does buy it, and I'll go stir crazy without it, but in a couple years will be back in the game as that's the long range plan.

Well, I hate to tell you this... but I'm pretty thorough when I go thru the gear, and I wasnt gonna say anything.. but dont know if y'all remember when it sounded like a reel went off while we were trollin. After inspecting the post trip baits (all them that I thru into that one bucket), The one lure (Tormenter) we had on that 13 inch bird did get "hit". Parts of the skirt were missing, slash or scratch marks on the beads. (new lure, all new components I had twisted and assembled myself)... Like I said,, I'm pretty thorough on that stuff... but something did hit that way back bird down the center. If I had a double hook stiff rig,, we probably would've had that fish hooked... Oh well, that was my fault.... And somethin hit that bonita lure too. Took a nice bite out of the right side, almost dead center.

I'd be game to try to chase down a sail ;)

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dang, ya bringing tears to my eyes. (sorry ,no crying smilie face available). Well if I had the money......you know the rest of the story! We'll just do what we have to do. Hey I might could make it to the 5 mile rocks.....let's go fishing boys:D
Gery

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Best memories of my youth were catfishing all night with mom n dad... Sounds like a good time!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.