NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Interesting. Wonderful park. The lake is clear and appears to be deep. Much cooler than lakes a little lower. I would think that there would be a chance that trout could survive the summer there. Don't know about reproduction, as the feeder creek is small.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Interesting. Wonderful park. The lake is clear and appears to be deep. Much cooler than lakes a little lower. I would think that there would be a chance that trout could survive the summer there. Don't know about reproduction, as the feeder creek is small.
Jim I have a book that list almost every stream in the state from its end to beginning...this includes length, width, water quality and CREEL SURVEYS....The NCWRC put this out in the late 60's or very early 70's...Its had Cascade creek listed as Rainbow trout water.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Jim I have a book that list almost every stream in the state from its end to beginning...this includes length, width, water quality and CREEL SURVEYS....The NCWRC put this out in the late 60's or very early 70's...Its had Cascade creek listed as Rainbow trout water.
They could stock the creek above the lake, I guess, if they wanted to. The pool below Lower Cascades would be a beautiful pool for trout, but thousands of people hike there, so it wouldn't be a likely fishing spot. There's a trail basically along the creek down to the Dan, so they could stock the creek if they wanted to, below the falls.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Interesting I hoe this got out . But it is true . I have the paperwork on it . The lake is what is to be stocked . Access for sticking stokes is very limited on the creek itself. There are however a few places we are actively working to see if we can expand the stocking efforts to include . This fall when the first stocking happens it will be no season or bait restrictions as well as open under a conventional license .no special license required. There will be a large press release roughly a month or more before this happens

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.