NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's hard to believe that it's been over a year since our first meeting back on March 12th 0f 07. We have come along way since, from the four members at that original meeting to nearly 50 members now, with 10 of those members present at our last dinner.

Our members have been very active in introducing new members and New Anglers to the joys of fishing. Together, we have participated in learning and teaching Fly Fishing, Tied Flies, camped, fished tournaments, and broke bread. By befriending and mentoring our bonds to our community, fishing, and each other only reflects the very best of what it means to be an Angler and Sportsman.

I appreciate everyone's participation in the past year and I'm looking forward to meeting and fishing with more of you in the next year.

Thank you,
Tom Carpenter

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Congrats! I hope to be in your shoes by March 09 with G.A.F.F.! Maybe by then we can have a Tourney!!!

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Little did I know when I started asking about if anyone would be interested in this would it turn out so good. Tom, great job in running with this and making it a success.

·
Registered
15,708 Posts
I originally posted this in another thread and then popper over to this one, and thought what I had just written would be perfect here so I backed up and a little copy and paste.

johnny boy/finstalker and all others this is what is important in the fishing world, all of us coming together for a common cause,,,,,,,,,,,,,fishing.

Each of us if given the chance not only tell of our experiences but take another person from this form fishing. Give him the tools and resources when he can go somewhere else and maybe put some type of pattern together and catch a fish.

Who knows it might just be you wanting a trip to Topsail Island and someone might jump in the mix and take you out for drum. or trout or flounder or even how to surf fish. I doesnt matter the techniques but the time and energy we put in to help others enjoy and understand a particular way of fishing.

tight line s<*)))))>{

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.