NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the impending bad weather headin our way down here in Fla.. we're cuttin the trip short 2 days and wont be fishin tonight.

Went fishin yesterday with my sis, bro in law and my oldest. We headed back to the flats to try for more reds and trout. Winds were pretty stiff out of the south and a warm front moved thru (overnight temp in the 70's and very humid)... stayed windy all day and the tide was coming in.
After a late start, we finally got to Blackburn point area about 10:00 am and first line in I managed to hook a nice trout ;) Since noone wanted to help me out by takin a pic.. the trout was sent back to prowel the flats.

We lost a couple really nice hard tugs (I'm guessin reds) as we could see reds tailing, but the more the tide came in the fish moved on and didnt stay in one area too long. Couple break offs and some nice rod bending... but no reds yesterday.

My boy managed some huge pinfish, a small jack crevalle and the ever present salt chanel cat... so as good a fisher he is,, he managed the Fla "trash slam" :eek:

My sis hooked a small sheepshead and lost a couple nice unknown type fish.

We fished with both live shrimps and tub of 3" gulp shrimps... seem's like it was a draw as both baits were equally hit for the most part.

All in all,, weather just had us beat... wrong tide for where we were, very windy (hard to feel bites and cast), and we got a late start at it... but enough action to keep us reachin for the bait bucket.

So there's my last report for 2007. We finished out a great season, from fishin with Forrest/Randy/Marty in Feb, one heck of a chilly trip out with Mike, to gettin Rob L, big Jim, Gery out for some offshore, excellent fishin with Randall, Scott, Buckshot and Marty on a interesting pre-hurricane gail warning trip and all the fun with the boys on Jordan this year catching yellow perch, crappie, catfish, ect... Our annual trip this summer was one to remember as my boy reel'd in his first mahi (50+ inches) all by himself and went on his first 100 mile out trip... lot's of great memories this year for sure!! The NCAngler "Un-official" BBq was an excellent time and look forward to somethin like it again.

So to wrap up.. thanx all that I got to fish with this season and look forward to 08!! ;)

here's the last 07 pix from us, everyone have a good New year and be safe.

Incase you missed it, here's the Spirit of NCAngler video URL again (takes a while to load, but think you find it worth it!) ;)

http://www.ncangler.com/maps/Spirit_of_NCAngler.wmv

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Glad you've found some fish -- sorry you're having to cut it short. Not sure why you want to come all the way back -- it's gettin' colder back here... We did get some water, though... I figure you probably heard...

Is that one of those rocket-launcher fishing tools back there, Dave? What do y'all think of it?

Reactions: Dave B.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is that one of those rocket-launcher fishing tools back there, Dave? What do y'all think of it?
Sure is Kevin, the launchin fishin pole dealie
Levi got it from his aunt for Xmas... between you an me... that thing is ALOT of work to send a shrimp flyin... most of the time, it never released from the projectile bobber...:rolleyes: The good thing is.. it's fairly easy to break down and maintain.. but to be honest.. Levi put it away after the second launching and picked up his Penn 4300

Yeah... good to see we got some rain.. and to be honest.. I'm tired of sweatin my booty off down here and will be glad to get back home..

Thanx Mike and I'll pass it along as she's right here. And sure will do.. we're on the road here as soon as boy 1 gets out of the shower.

See y'all next year! :)

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
be careful on the drive back home!!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Sheesh -- time for a nap, amigo. I just can't handle night drivin'...

Glad to hear Levi's review of the rocket-launcher. It sure seemed gimmick-ie to me... Glad to hear he likes his Penn better. :D

Glad ya made it home safe
C-ya

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Night time is the ONLY time to travel!! ( But I'm an ex trucker, so 10-15hrs is a standard days driving for me..LOL) Glad you made it home safe!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.