NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Jon Boat club fished Harris this weekend. Plenty of fish were caught, just most of them were slots.

Our first two fish were overs and after 10 slots and 7 14"-16" fish and 2 shorts, we ended up with 16 pounds to weigh. Good enough for sixth place. Here are the overs.

Vertebrate Tire Fisherman Fish Tree

It's fun and all, but I don't see why anybody in their right mind would schedule a tournament at a place where you throw back more weight than you can keep?? I bet there was 10,000 pounds of fish caught Saturday by all the tournaments there. Probably only 500 pounds weighed. Seems to me if you want to protect the big fish they would say NO fish over 20" can be kept.
Enough venting.........

Winners had 19 pounds, 18 second and big fish was 8-9.
Fish were caught on buzzbaits and worms, a few on spinnerbaits and frogs. Big fish came on frog.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are several Jon boat clubs around. one in Sanford, Robbins, Durham, and Raleigh. They run electric only motors, mostly trolling motors but some Ray and Parsun motors too. The lakes range from Kerr, Jordan, Falls and Harris to any number of city owned lakes. A few rivers for good measure too.
Most clubs have entry fee's ranging from $40 to $50, 100% payback or better (lots of sponsor prizes), and most have a $25 to $100 membership to go towards the season champs.
Some clubs are family friendly and others are more competitive.
Not sure where you are located but I will get you in contact with what ever club you interested in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.