NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Harris on Wednesday with BIL NCTommy with aspirations of putting 3 and 4 lbers in the boat all day long. Wrong! I got skunked while NCT caught 2 dinks in 5 hrs of fishing. Weather nice ahead of the front water 62-63 degrees everywhere. Tried it all; trick, finesse, craws, rattle-ts, poppers, swim bait shad, rapalas, all the go-to's when the going is tough. He caught both on a chartreuse and white spinner with single blade. What's the trick to that place??

Attachments

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
A worm.
I've pulled enough chub in with a worm on that hole to feed a 3rd world country.
It got to the point I left everything at home but the worms. I didn't care what time of year it was.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Story of my life at Harris too. While I have had my moments there, usually its just a big pain in the butt for me. I can go pretty much anywhere and figure something out in a full day on the water, never have got a good handle on Harris though.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A worm.
I've pulled enough chub in with a worm on that hole to feed a 3rd world country.
It got to the point I left everything at home but the worms. I didn't care what time of year it was.
zoom, trick, senko, deep, weeds??? oh the options.... NCT tried a baby bass weightless senko; I tried black zoom trick. Blanked, but SLOW may be the trick.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Keep it simple. Just a regular ol Culprit. Firetail, tomato, purple or pumpkinseed.
Texas rig around the edges of cover. Or hopping with a carolina rig on the railroad beds.

Most of my best fishing on Harris was fishing structure you can't see not beating the banks.

There has been many thousands of dollars won off those railroad beds over the years with a carolina rig.
Old skool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.